Thursday, July 5, 2012

The 4th of July

Therin sporting his new pullover.
The 4th of July was a pretty chill day. We skyped with the Stines, hiked to the kids school through the Marquam Trails (shocking was mispronouncing), went to REI to stock up on non cotton clothing and socks, napped, watched the Goonies, and headed off to watch fireworks off one of the OHSU decks. It was amazing! I think we saw thousands of fireworks, you could see for miles. Even during the main show, it was like a background of mini fireworks. The moon took the cake though. The pictures don't do it justice-a huge glowing ball of orange. SO beautiful! I was definately distracted by all the patients on the deck though. My heart went out to them and their families. There was one little guy in particular who had more bags on his IV pole than I thought was possible except maybe in ICU. I might volunteer some of my time at the hospital while I am here. You can also see Mt. Hood on a clear day which is a novelty here (2nd pic). Mt. St. Helens is not in any of the pictures but you can see that off to the left. Amazing views! And why Blogger is not honoring my spacing is beyond me....Grrrr!!

4 comments:

Liz Stine said...

Awesome photos! And amazing that we were just asking if you could see Mt. Hood that very day! Glad you caught a great view of it.

Becky said...

Our fireworks experience was similar to yours. We went down to the lake where we could see at least 4 or 5 shows in the distance.

JT said...

Awesome pictures. Big City fireworks are a definite treat.

Mom and Dad said...

I can see why the kids were so excited about their day.